PhD student position offer in molecular and RNA biology [call closed on 2023.03.31]
in the OPUS project “IFIT proteins in the regulation of inflammatory responses” of Dr Maria Górna #2021/41/B/NZ2/02708 (PL|EN)
- 2023.04.13 in the committee meeting we selected Mr Jakub Kowalski for the position of PhD student in OPUS Project.
Independent funding for incoming researchers
We welcome applications for external funding with our laboratory as the host for incoming researchers. We invite independently funded applicants to develop a synergistic research programme in any area overlapping with our interests: structural biology, RNA metabolism, innate immunity, bacterial PROTACs. We have experience hosting independent research fellows.
The National Academic Exchange Agency (NAWA) has a variety of programmes from students to senior researchers.
And don't forget MSCA Postdocs programme (the call closes annually around mid-September) and EMBO Fellowship (applications accepted all year).
Prospective PhD students can obtain 4-year funding by applying to the University of Warsaw Doctoral School - if you intend to do so, please let us know in advance so we can register a project on time (for example, to start PhD studies from October 2023, you need to enter the application call by mid-May 2023).
Other offersComputational students wanted for internships (projects on protein repeat motifs)
PDF with the offer for students with programming skills can be found here
For all other positions:
We are always interested in qualified and highly motivated students and postdocs.
To apply for a position, please contact us with your CV, a statement of your research interests, a signed consent clause (below), describe the motivation for joining our laboratory, and arrange recommendation letters to be sent via email.
Candidates from abroad can find useful information about Warsaw and our University on the Welcome Point and HR office websites.
The list of interns hosted so far by our laboratory can be found at the bottom of the teaching section.
When applying, please include the following clause of consent in your application (e.g. CV; it can also be found here in PL and EN versions):
Clause of consent
I agree to the processing of personal data provided in my application (CV, cover letter, and other submitted documents) by the University of Warsaw for realising my recruitment process. (Please sign and date the consent)
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee (or a student) and concluding a contract for employment (or studentship) at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labor Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labor Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data