Matylda Izert-Nowakowska, M.Sc.
Matylda was a PhD student at the Faculty of Chemistry, University of Warsaw, working in the FIRST TEAM project. She joined our laboratory previously for her Bachelor’s degree project in chemistry, at Inter-Faculty Individual Studies in Mathematics and Natural Sciences. Her PhD thesis "New bifunctional molecules as tools for targeted protein degradation in bacteria" regards the development of degrader molecules that could elicit Targeted Protein Degradation in gram-negative bacteria.
Matylda defended her PhD thesis in November 2023, and from January 2024 took up a postdoctoral fellow position at CeTPD, University of Dundee.
Education & Scientific experience
- PhD in Natural Sciences (Chemical Sciences), Faculty of Chemistry, University of Warsaw, thesis: New bifunctional molecules as tools for targeted protein degradation in bacteria (2018-2023)
- Master’s degree in molecular biotechnology at Institute of Genetics and Biotechnology, University of Warsaw (2018)
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, University of Warsaw (2018)
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biotechnology at Institute of Genetics and Biotechnology, University of Warsaw (2016)
- Erasmus+ exchange student at Université Paris-Sud (XI), Orsay, France (2015-2016)
- Summer internship at Laboratory of DNA repair, Institut de Cancérologie Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France (2015)
- Award for the best theses with commercialization prospects, first prize in Bachelor these category, University of Warsaw Technology Transfer Centre (2020)
- FEBS YSF Grant (2019)
- Klimecka MM, Antosiewicz A, Izert MA, Szybowska PE, Twardowski PK, Delaunay C, Górna MW. A Uniform Benchmark for Testing SsrA-Derived Degrons in the Escherichia coli ClpXP Degradation Pathway. Molecules. 2021 Sep 30;26(19):5936. doi: 10.3390/molecules26195936.
- Izert MA, Klimecka MM, Górna MW. Applications of Bacterial Degrons and Degraders - Toward Targeted Protein Degradation in Bacteria. Front Mol Biosci. 2021 May 7;8:669762. doi: 10.3389/fmolb.2021.669762.
- Nowacka M, Latoch P, Izert MA, Karolak NK, Tomecki R, Koper M, Tudek A, Starosta AL, Górna MW. A cap 0-dependent mRNA capture method to analyze the yeast transcriptome. Nucleic Acids Res. 2022 Dec 9;50(22):e132. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkac903.
- Izert MA, Szybowska PE, Górna MW, Merski M. The Effect of Mutations in the TPR and Ankyrin Families of Alpha Solenoid Repeat Proteins. Front Bioinform. 2021 Jul 6;1:696368. doi: 10.3389/fbinf.2021.696368.
- Danazumi AU, Ishmam IT, Idris S, Izert MA, Balogun EO, Górna MW. Targeted Protein Degradation Might Present a Novel Therapeutic Approach in the Fight Against African Trypanosomiasis. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2023 Jul 1;186:106451. doi: 10.1016/j.ejps.2023.106451
- P.439032 (24.09.2021) PCT/IB2022/059128 (05.10.2022)
Górna MW, Izert MA, Klimecka MM, Szybowska PE, Antosiewicz A, Twardowski PK. Peptide constructs for targeted protein degradation.
- P.430151 (05.06.2019) PCT/IB2020/055263 (04.06.2020)
Górna MW, Nowacka M, Izert MA, Kowalska M, Karolak N, Klimecka M, Młynarczyk K. A method of RNA selection and/or enrichment, a RNA molecule and use thereof.
- RNA-binding proteins
- Protein degradation in bacteria
- Molecular diagnostics of infectious diseases