Our laboratory is officially open!Jul 1, 2016
We are extremely happy to have held an official opening ceremony of our Structural Biology Group, together with our host Laboratory of Biomacromolecular Research.
We have heard speeches and seen the symbolic ribbon cut by:
- Prof. Marcin Pałys, Rector of the University of Warsaw,
- Prof. Ewa Bulska, Director of the Biological and Chemical Research Centre,
- Prof. Paweł Kulesza, Dean of the Department of Chemistry
- Prof. Krzysztof Woźniak, Head of the Laboratory of Biomacromolecular Research
- Dr. Maria Górna, Leader of the Structural Biology Group.
At the ceremony, Władek Minor - one of our mentors and invited speakers - has received official affilliation as a Professor at the Department of Chemistry, conferred by the Rector of our University.
The ceremony was followed by guided lab tours and a celebration with a glass of champagne. Next, we held a mini-symposium on structural and molecular biology with excellent talks from the invited speakers:
- Ben Luisi, University of Cambridge, UK
- Agnieszka Chacińska, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Warsaw
- Władek Minor, University of Virginia, USA
- Matthias Bochtler, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Warsaw
- Sebastian Glatt, Jagiellonian University (and fellow EMBO Installation Grantee), Cracow.
The opening was attended by various prominent scientists, such as Wolfgang Baumeister, Piotr Węgleński or Leszek Kaczmarek, and by participants of the ECDM7 conference. The event was also a great occasion to reunite Ben Luisi with Maria Górna and Zbyszek Pietras, two of his former PhD students who are currently working in Warsaw.